What is this, anyway?
FTW Events is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization in good standing.
Our Federal Tax ID number is 38-3995369
Hello, Gaming and Geeky Industry Friends!
Thank you for considering a donation to FTW Events!
Happening on the evening of Friday, August 31, 2018, our current event is the third annual Night of Board Gaming for Good on Top of the World, the PAX West edition.
Taking place on the 76th floor of Seattle’s iconic and exclusive Columbia Tower, this event brings together members of the gaming community for a luxurious evening of fun and fundraising. Guests spend the evening playing and celebrating their love of board games, partaking in fine dining and enjoying views of the Seattle skyline, all while giving generously to a good cause.
Our beneficiary is once again the Imagine Guild, in support of the Seattle Children’s Hospital’s Uncompensated Care program. This program eases the financial burden on parents, allowing them to focus on the most important thing - their child’s health.
This will be our sixth event since incorporation as a federal 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in early 2016. Every one of our events has been bigger and better than the last, and we're on pace to continue this trend in a big way this time around. Because we are a federal 501(c)(3) charitable organization, all of your donations are 100% tax deductible.
On this page, please find details on the types of donations we need, our shipping address and a list of tiered sponsor benefits for you, our generous donors.
How You Can Help!
We are most in need of the following:
Raffle Prizes: The main driver of donations, our raffle consistently raises thousands of dollars for our charity beneficiary and is often the highlight of the evening. Items designated as raffle prizes generally have an MSRP of $30 or greater. Our raffles are conducted in full compliance with Washington state law.
SWAG Bag Giveaways: All of our guests will receive SWAG Bags. This is a perfect opportunity to promote your brand. We have 2 tiers of guests, General Admission and VIP, and we need items to fill both:
- General admission (200 guests): This has been our least-utilized promotional vehicle at previous events, so we want to make sure you're aware of this great, inexpensive branding opportunity. General Admission SWAG bags will be filled with low cost/high impact items. Think buttons, stickers, pins, branded items like pens/pencils, temporary tattoos, or game promo pieces, and the like!
- VIP (30 guests): In addition to everything in the GA SWAG bags, VIP SWAG bags will also include an assortment of donated games. This is an excellent opportunity to get your brand in front of our most distinguished guests. Your smaller-ticket titles (MSRP < $30) are ideal for VIP SWAG bags, but we are happy to discuss including larger titles as well if you would like to earmark them as such.
Our Shipping Address:
FTW Events, c/o Matt Winberry
2319 1st Ave, STE 507
Seattle, WA 98121
We need to receive your donations by August 28. Any donations received after this date will roll over to our Spring 2019 event.
If you are local to the Seattle area or nearby, you can also message us about a possible
Finally, What's in it For Me?
The following is a list of our sponsorship levels and the benefits of each:
Bronze Sponsor - Donations of up to MSRP $199
- Help kids! 100% of proceeds earned from your donation will be donated.
- Full tax write off. We are a 501(c)(3) charity and will issue you a receipt for all donations. To receive a tax receipt in a timely manner, please include an itemized list of MSRP’s with your donation. FTW Events TAX ID: 38-3995369
- Permanent recognition on the FTW Events website as a sponsor, with links to your homepage.
- Sponsor recognition on the marketing materials in the SWAG Bag insert.
- Mentions on our social media channels thanking you and linking to your channels.
Silver Sponsor - Donations of MSRP $200-$499
- All the benefits of the Bronze Level
- Digital SWAG Bag! We will be sending out an email blast to our attendees with a list of special offers from our sponsors. Included in this can be anything you want to drive traffic to your Website. We will be in touch with all sponsors at this level and above to collaborate on how we can best represent your brand in this.
- Your games will be sold at our on-site pop-up game store, stocked and staffed by
Mox Boarding House, Seattle's largest Friendly Local Game Store. All guests will receive a pair of $10 vouchers to use at this pop-up store, so they will be incentivized to buy. VIP guests will receive an additional $25 gift certificate. Mox does thousands of dollars in business at this event every time, so this is another great opportunity for brand exposure.
- One of our volunteers will be available to demonstrate one of your games of your choice at the event. We have several volunteers who have extensive experience demonstrating games at conventions, so your games will be presented in the best light.
Gold Sponsor - Donation of MSRP $500+
- All benefits of the Silver level
- Your brand featured as a sponsor in all our email correspondence to our subscriber base during the event campaign (over 800 people, averaging 30% open rate)
- Admission for two representatives from your company to partake in the festivities (dinner included!) and demonstrate your company's games at a designated premium table.
- Premium placement of your games in our pop-up store that evening.
- We'll work closely with you to create a customized email blast to our subscribers promoting game(s) that you want to highlight at the event. See an example!
- A two hour tournament of the game of your choice during the evening.
Platinum Sponsor - Donation of $2000+*
(*Platinum donors have traditionally donated one full-sized game for each of the 30 VIP SWAG Bags plus some raffle prizes)
- All benefits of the Gold level
- Title Sponsor: your brand appearing right next to ours in all all marketing materials
- (*Platinum donors have traditionally donated one full-sized game for each of the 30 VIP SWAG Bags plus some raffle prizes)
- Customized promotional email sent to our subscribers during the holidays
- oth representatives upgraded to the VIP meal in the private dining room with other VIP guests
- A personal thank you for your generous donation announced during the event
Finally, if you do donate to us, please let us know what you're sending as soon as possible so that we can list (and link!) your titles on our sponsor page. In addition, if you require a tax receipt, please provide us with the MSRP of all donated items.
Have more questions? Give Matt a call at (323) 909-8982 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks again for your consideration!