What is this, anyway?
Hello, Gaming and Geeky Industry Friends!
Thank you for considering a donation to FTW Events!
Happening on the evening of Friday, September 1st, 2017, our current event is the second annual Night of Board Gaming for Good on Top of the World, the PAX West edition. Taking place on the 76th floor of Seattle’s iconic and exclusive Columbia Tower, this event brings together members of the gaming community for an evening of fun and fundraising. Guests spend the evening playing and celebrating their love of board games, partaking in fine dining and enjoying views of the Seattle skyline, all while giving generously to a good cause.
Our beneficiary is once again the Imagine Guild, in support of the Seattle Children’s Hospital’s Uncompensated Care program. This program eases the financial burden on parents, allowing them to focus on the most important thing - their child’s health.
This will be our fourth event since incorporation as a federal 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in early 2016. Every one of our events has been bigger and better than the last, and we're on pace to continue this trend in a big way this time around. Because we are a federal 501(c)(3) charitable organization, all of your donations are 100% tax deductible.
On this page, please find details on the types of donations we need, our shipping address and a list of tiered sponsor benefits for you, our generous donors.
How You Can Help!
We are most in need of the following:
Raffle Prizes: The main driver of donations, our raffle consistently raises thousands of dollars for our charity beneficiary and is often the highlight of the evening. Items designated as raffle prizes generally have an MSRP of $30 or greater. Our raffles are conducted in full compliance with Washington state law.
SWAG Bag Giveaways: All of our guests will receive SWAG Bags. This is a perfect opportunity to promote your brand. We have 2 tiers of guests, General Admission and VIP, and we need items to fill both:
- General admission (200 guests): General Admission SWAG bags will be filled with donated items that have an MSRP of $5 or less, along with promotional items such as buttons, stickers, pins, branded items like pens/pencils, or game promo pieces.
- VIP (30 guests): In addition to everything in the GA SWAG bags, VIP SWAG bags will also include an assortment of donated games. This is an excellent opportunity to get your brand in front of our most distinguished guests. Your smaller-ticket titles (MSRP < $30) are ideal for VIP SWAG bags, but we are happy to discuss including larger titles as well if you would like to earmark them as such.
Our Shipping Address:
FTW Events, c/o Matt Winberry
2319 1st Ave, STE 507
Seattle, WA 98121
We need to receive your donations by August 31st. Any donations received after this date will roll over to our spring event in 2018.
If you are local to the Seattle area or nearby, you can also message us about a possible
Finally, What's in it For Me?
The following is a list of our sponsorship levels and the benefits of each:
Bronze Sponsor - Donations of up to MSRP $199
- Help kids! 100% of proceeds earned from your donation will be donated.
- Full tax write off. We are a 501(c)(3) charity and will issue you a receipt for all donations. To receive a tax receipt in a timely manner, please include an itemized list of MSRP’s with your donation.
- Permanent recognition on the FTW Events website as a sponsor, with links to your homepage.
- Sponsor recognition on the marketing materials in the SWAG Bag insert.
- Mentions on our social media channels thanking you and linking to your channels.
Silver Sponsor - Donations of MSRP $200-$499
- All the benefits of the Bronze Level
- Your games will be sold at our on-site pop-up game store, stocked and staffed by Card Kingdom, Seattle's largest Friendly Local Game Store. All guests will receive a pair of $10 vouchers to use at this pop-up store, so they will be incentivized to buy. VIP guests will receive an additional $25 gift certificate.
- One of our volunteers will be available to demonstrate one of your games of your choice at the event. We have several volunteers who have extensive experience demonstrating games at conventions, so your game will be presented in the best light.
Gold Sponsor - Donation of MSRP $500+
- All benefits of the Silver level
- Admission for two representatives from your company to partake in the festivities and demonstrate your company's games at a designated premium table.
- Premium placement of your games in our pop-up store that evening.
- Your games featured in sidebars in our email correspondence to our subscriber base (approx. 4-5 emails to over 700 people, averaging over 30% open rate)
- A two hour tournament of the game of your choice during the evening.
Platinum Sponsor - Donation of ??
Find yourself wanting to take on a more active role in helping us to produce this event, beyond what is listed here? Contact us if you wish to take your sponsorship to the next level. We’d love to hear from you. Would you like to be a title sponsor? Have any other ideas? Let's collaborate!
Got more questions? Give Matt a call at (323) 909-8982 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks again for your consideration!