Board Gaming for Good
Well, hello there! Thanks for spending some time in our little corner of the web. It means a lot to us because we're a small non-profit with big dreams of doing good in the world. We plan events that channel a love of tabletop gaming into ways to make a difference, hence "board gaming for good." We've raised thousands for charities such as Meow Cat Rescue, the Imagine Guild, and Seattle Children’s Hospital and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon! We invite you to come play with us as we continue our work and host unique tabletop gaming events throughout the year!
Our events focus on raising funds for a good cause while celebrating something we love: GAMING! At each of our events, you can expect the following:
- An extensive and impressive lending library available all night that you can play from, with a variety of games to suit many tastes and playstyles. You are also welcome to byog!
- A SWAG bag of gaming goodies as a thank you for joining us.
- A large raffle where we give away thousands of dollars worth of games and geeky prizes all donated from generous sponsors. Past sponsors have included Calliope Games, Fantasy Flight Games, Asmodee, Japanime Games, Jenga Giant, Lone Shark Games, Cheapass Games, Czech Games, USAopoly, and SlugFest games, just to name a few.
- A fantastic dinner, either as a luxurious buffet spread or if you opt for the VIP experience, a special 3 course plated menu.
- Vouchers to our pop-up game store that you can cash in for new games to add to your collection and of course, play that very night.
- Be a VIP► VIP guests get an upscaled and more exclusive experience! This includes a premium SWAG bag filled with more epic loot (last event's VIP SWAG was valued at more than $75 in games and promo items from our sponsors). As a VIP, you'll also be seated in a private dining room with a view, with other VIPs and honored guests, including local gaming celebrities. Here you'll be served a plated three course dinner with options exclusive only to VIPS at each course and your choice of two geek-themed drinks from the bar. And, if you still have room even after that luxurious meal, you can still head to the buffet in the main room if you so desire.
The View ► Our events usually mention "Top of the World" as a nod to our amazing venue: Seattle's iconic Columbia Tower boasts having the highest publicly accessible floor west of the Mississippi River, and our events take place there on 76th floor. This amazing venue allows us to play board games with the Seattle sunset and nightscape as an incredible backdrop.
The Food ► The exclusive Columbia Tower Club's kitchen provides us with some amazing food! General admission will have a beautiful fine dining buffet that you can visit multiple times throughout your gaming, and VIPs will be served from a grander exclusive menu.
Our beneficiary for the past couple of years has been the Imagine Guild, which supports the Seattle Children’s Hospital, Uncompensated Care program. This program eases the financial burden on parents, allowing them to focus on the most important thing - their child’s health. With today’s unstable healthcare climate, the vulnerable families and kids supported by this program need our assistance more than ever.
Sounds Great, Right? Set your event reminder for March 2018!
We think so, too! So be sure to check back often with us and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated, or subscribe to our mailing list! Our next event is happening in March 2018 for Emerald City Comic Con!